Digital Marketing Sales Representative
Not all sales positions are rewarding. We get that. Financially it has to make sense for you. Also, you need to find the right fit from a product perspective AND from a team/work environment perspective.
And on our side, all websites and digital marketing aren’t built equally either. Great digital marketing starts with asking the right questions before the sale even closes, then the right team to build and execute on strategy. When that team is comprised of kick-ass designers, amazing developers and super savvy digital marketers, sales is rewarding.
We are currently seeking an outside sales consultant to report directly to our Founder and CEO on seeking new opportunities, meeting new prospects, and closing the right deals for us and our new clients.
This is an exciting opportunity. Everyone says that, but here’s why I mean it.
We’ve NEVER had a true sales person. All of our previous sales came from word of mouth referrals, repeat customers, and our community of amazing partners that we trust to handle other components of digital, that also trust us to do our piece.
This means that there is opportunity everywhere, with a brand that has a good reputation, a rolodex of previous projects/clients and a passion for all things digital.
At this time, if you don’t know the first thing about digital marketing, you aren’t going to be a good fit for us. We don’t have the time to train you on the lingo, and some of our sales process requires a little bit of strategy to wet the prospects’ palette.
But, if you’ve got some digital prowess, a strong will to succeed, a competitive and numerical mindset and a desire to be part of a great, growing team of digital gurus, this might be for you.
- 4+ years in sales
- Decent rolodex of potential prospects (without an active non-compete - we don’t need to get scrappy here)
- Previous sales experience. A history of success with customers and a proven ability to develop and grow revenue
- Knowledge and experience with digital marketing (preferably web design and paid marketing)
- Smart, tenacious, entrepreneurial, independent, passionate, and enthusiastic, and work with urgency to meet deadlines
- Accomplished at prospecting and qualifying
- Ability to engage clients quickly and develop rapport, with excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Associates/Bachelors in business/marketing-related degree or equivalent experience.
- Create new relationships with local and regional businesses in our area for our business
- Prospect for qualified local and regional businesses
- Conduct thorough prospecting process
- Write out statements of work using google slides, google docs and/or Proposify
- Work with account/project managers on project requirements, scopes of work and communication with prospects/clients
- Present and close opportunities for digital marketing, web design, hosting and/or retained support (outsourced digital marketing)
- Enter new customer data and other sales contract details into CRM
- Reach / Exceed monthly and quarterly sales quotas set forth by yourself and the CEO
- Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
Compensation / Commitment
- Compensation paid as draw against commission
- Commission structure with tier opportunities up to $150K/year
- Potential to grow into a sales leader with additional growth